Do you need:
- Fresh vision, clarity and a plan of action to make your next career move?
- A safe place to overcome your fear of change?
- Immediate solutions or long-range planning?
- Guidance for a global transition?
- A top-notch resume and cover letter?
LifeWork Careers is here to help!
- Clarify your vision and express the authentic YOU in your work and your life
- Gain a realistic assessment of your marketable skills, experience, abilities and interests
- Create an action plan with follow-through strategies to reach your goals
- Learn to network, interview and negotiate your worth with confidence
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER
Career transitions are a little like river rafting: Despite our fears, at some point we have to jump in and get wet! But having a seasoned guide who you trust and a compass for direction can make the trip less scary, even exciting and fun!
A Career Guide for over 15 years, Paula helps you chart new territory, navigate the rapids and bounce back from reversals in a safe, secure and confidential environment while making your journey as rewarding as your destination. Through a step-by-step process, we’ll assess where you are now, where you want to go and how to bridge the gap within a reasonable timeframe. Whether working in person, by phone or online, Paula tailors her services to meet your individual needs. You’ll experience the benefits of deep listening, supportive feedback, brainstorming and resources to produce measurable results.
RÉSUMÉS & COVER LETTERS
Do you dread writing your résumé or cover letter?
Then it’s time for Résumé Plus© to turn your piece of paper into peace of mind with:
- A FREE initial résumé review
- A dynamic new, edited, or updated résumé that clearly conveys the authentic YOU!
- A scannable E-résumé
Résumé Plus© is an interactive technique that increases career focus, builds interview confidence and demystifies the writing process. Working together directly at the computer, by phone or e-mail, Paula will guide you in selecting the right format and content to highlight your transferable skills, bridge work gaps and address concerns with ease and integrity. In many cases, you’ll walk away with a finished product within a three-hour session. Read what clients say about this dynamic, even fun approach!
Paula has created literally hundreds of high impact, interview-generating résumés for private, public and business sector positions, including but not limited to:
- Executive, management and entry-level
- Media, marketing, communications and high tech
- Health care, non-profit development and urban planning
- Logistics, transportation, property management, blue and green collar
- Finance, accounting, office management, legal, catering and entertainment
- Do you want to do well while doing good?
- Are you motivated to work or volunteer for a social cause?
Paula is committed to helping you learn about cutting edge developments in the fast-growing socially responsible, sustainable and green economy. Consider just a few of the many options, each with its own requirements of education, training and qualifications:
- Solar, wind, wave, natural gas, electric and geothermal alternative power
- Green building and solar installation and fuel-efficient vehicles
- Water, waste and energy management, reuse, reduce and recycle projects
- Outreach, advocacy, natural foods and organic farming
- Education, public policy, and urban planning, marketing and communications
- Van Jones, environmental leader and author of the Green Collar Economy (see video)
CROSS-CULTURAL & Global TRANSITIONs
Are you experiencing a global transition? Relocation (or dislocation) can put a strain on careers, family and relationships. Working across time zones, cultures and languages can be stressful as well as rewarding.
Through both personal experience and extensive training from the Institute of Intercultural Communication, Paula has acquired a deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by relocating executives, ex-pats, international job seekers and first-generation citizens.
COUNSELING FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
For over seven years, Paula has coached people living with all kinds of disabilities, providing professional solutions to common questions such as:
- How do I bridge the gaps on my résumé?
- How do I ask for an accommodation for my disability?
- What is the professional way to handle questions about my abilities in an interview?
- How can I ensure the confidentiality of my status with HR or my co-workers?
- What if I need to take time off for medical appointments but don’t want to say why?
Paula is convinced that by focusing on talents rather than limitations, disabilities need not be barriers to meaningful work. Known as a dedicated advocate, Paula is committed to getting the job of getting the job done!